Windows XP’s control panel is a very useful tool however there are so many options available its easy to loose track of the ones you use most so why not create a custom Control Panel with just your favorites. Here’s how.
- Open an Explorer window ( Start > My Computer) Choose My Documents.
- Click make a new folder.
- Name it what ever you want. I choose Kevins Control Panel.
- Right click your new folder and choose Properties. Click the Customize tab > Change Icon. Pick the Icon of your choice them click Ok.
- Open your new folder. (Leave this window open.)
- Click the Start then choose Control Panel.
- Click switch to Classic view.
- Now left click items in the Control Panel you want and drag them to your new folder.
- When you’re finished drag your new folder to the Start Button, when the Menu appears drop the folder on the top area of the Menu.
- Now when you click the Start button you’re new Control Panel will be at the top of your Start Menu.
- And all you’re favorite Control Panel items will be in one easy to find place.
Copyright© Kevinscrate.comblog. All Rights Reserved.