The Secunia Software Inspector will inspect your operating system and software for insecure versions and missing security updates. A default inspection normally lasts 5-40 seconds, while a thorough inspection may take several minutes. Note: If you have anti-virus software or similar enabled, an inspection may increase significantly in duration.
Feature Overview – The Secunia Software Inspector:
* Detects insecure versions of applications installed
* Verifies that all Microsoft patches are applied
* Assists you in updating your system and applications
* Runs through your browser. No installation or download is required.
How Does it Work:
The Secunia Software Inspector relies on carefully crafted Secunia File Signatures to recognize applications on your system. The detected applications are then matched against our Secunia Advisory Intelligence to determine whether an application is up-to-date or not. The results are then used to advise you on how to update to more secure releases of the insecure applications.
Microsoft Windows Update is used to determine if your system is missing security updates from Microsoft.
The Secunia Software Inspector covers the most common/popular end user applications:
* Internet browsers
* Internet browser plugins
* Instant messaging clients
* Email clients
* Media players
* Operating systems
* View detailed list of applications
Copyright© Kevinscrate.com\blog. All Rights Reserved.