Almost everybody runs into this situation at some time or another, your happily computing away and all of a sudden up pops a warning that one of your hard drives is running out of space and offers to run disk cleanup. That all well and fine you run disk cleanup and free up some space, but its never enough and up pops the low disk space nag again. Here’s away to turn it off ether for good or until you can get another hard drive installed. (This tip requires a Registry change so be sure to create a Restore Point first)
- Open the Registry Editor. Click Start > Run Then type Regedit in the run dialog box.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer.
- Right click Explorer and choose create a DWORD value and call it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.
- Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and enter the value 1, and press OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.