1. Put your Windows XP installation CD in the CD-ROM drive and reboot the computer (be sure the BIOS is set to boot from CD).
2. Start the Recovery Console from the CD (see “How to Start the Recovery Console in XP” above).
3. Run Fixboot from the Recovery Console.
4. Run Fixmbr to reset the master boot record.
5. Exit the Recovery Console and reboot the computer.
6. Edit the boot.ini file to remove the Vista entry.
7. Format the partition on which Vista was installed.
I’d like to announce the launch of my new site Vista Revisited at http://www.vistarevisited.com Stop by and have a look. I’ve copied all the Vista content from here to my new site and from now on I will only post Vista content to Vista Revisited. Thanks for visiting and be sure to check out my new site.